The best baby bassinets that connect to bed 2022
Amongst other things, safe cosleeping is about being able to attach the crib to your own bed. Although many bassinets provide this option not all co sleeping cribs are great to use. The best baby co sleepers and cribs that attach to the bed are safe and secure and easy to use. I made this list to make comparing them super easy.
Are you looking for the best co sleeper that attaches to bed? Read on!
This post may contain compensated links. For more information read our disclaimer here.
Are you looking for an in bed co sleeper/baby crib on bed for your little one? Read our best in bed co sleepers 2022 guide here.
For many years experts claim that it is very good and healthy for a baby to stay with his parents in the master bedroom during the night for about six months. Besides feeling safe a very important part of co sleeping has to do with improving the bond between baby and parents. Your baby feels loved and safe when he is near to you and hears your breathing and your voice. Also, when your baby sleeps in the same room as you do, he doesn’t have to cry loudly: you will be there to meet his needs from the moment you hear his little noises. He than learns that there will always be someone available for him to love and protect him. So what are the best co sleepers that attach to the bed?
Nr 1 🥇 best crib attached to bed 2022
Mika Mickey baby bassinet
best baby bed attached to parents bed AND best bedside bassinet for tall beds
What I love
- this cute looking bassinet is super easy to attach or remove from the parents bed using the two fastening straps
- it has 7 adjustable height positions so it fits almost every bed, accomodating parent’s bed from 18″ to 26″ of height. This makes it a very good bedside bassinet for tall beds.
- it’s very sturdy
- it has two side pockets so you will be able to store your babies essentials within arm’s reach so you can grab it even in the middle of the night.
- super easy to put up and take down without using any tools and it comes with a carry tote as well
- comes with two the mesh side panels that ensure an optimal airflow and you can check on your baby from every corner. The side panel can easily be opened when used in bedside mode
- comes with wheels which can be locked. The brakes are very strong so the bassinet won’t accidentally roll off.
- firm mattress with a removable and washable cover. You can also buy waterproof sheets.
🥈 2nd best bassinet that attaches to bed
also a good bedside sleeper for tall beds
RONBEI Bedside Sleeper
- this attachable baby bed is very easy to assemble.
- this is the best co sleeper for tall beds as it can reach 25.6 inch from the floor to the bottom of the bassinet mattress. That makes it one of the tallest co sleepers available
- walls are made out of mesh which makes it more breathable and gives you a good view of your baby at any time
- quick and easy to convert over to bedside sleeper mode in which your baby is in arm’s reach
- the co sleeping bed attachment straps anchor the co sleeper to the adult bed safe and easily
🥉 3rd best crib that attaches to bed
The Baby Delight bedside sleeper – co sleeper that hooks to bed
Baby Delight beside me dreamer bassinet & bedside co sleeper attach to bed
What I love
- this bed that attaches to the parents bed comes with attached straps to easily adjust to your bed for safe sleep
- for congestion and digestion relief this co sleeper crib gives you incline options which make it possible to put the bassinet in a gentle angle. Perfect for reflux babies!
- you can use this co sleeper crib as a stand alone crib but in bedside sleeper mode you can open the side panel by unzipping it for easy access to your baby
- the sides are made of breathable mesh which make it easy to see your baby even while in bassinet mode
- this bassinet is leightweight which makes is possible to move for example from bedroom to living room
- it’s extremely easy to set up
- the bassinet is very big which gives room for growth and fits even tall babies
Aren’t there any cons? Well..
- the pocket on the back (the storage basket) of this bassinet that attaches to bed is rather tiny. If you’re looking for more storage then this one won’t be your best co sleeper bassinet option
- it won’t fit a very high adult bed like some boxsprings so be sure to check the height of your bed and the required height of the co sleeper
The cover of this side bed bassinet is removable and machine washable, and the included sheet is waterproof. It has a nice storage pocket to keep a pacifier or other stuff that might come in handy during the night. You can easily adjust the height in six positions which makes this bed adjustable for just about any adult bed. If you’re looking for a co sleeper that is just very good and sturdy and that won’t break the bank than don’t look any further.
Want to read more about this cot? Click here to see more specifications, reviews and price of the Beside me dreamer bassinet & bedside sleeper.
nr. 4 Best co sleeper for newborns
-also perfect for when there is an older sibling in the house!-
Halo bassinet swivel sleeper
What I love
- This attachable crib to bed has a 4-point base which is super easy to tuck under your bed and the sleeper fits to beds from 24″ to 34″ tall
- rotates 360 degrees and you can pull the basket over the bed, which is just perfect especially those days after giving birth and also if your’re a nursing mom.
- extremely heavy and sturdy so there’s no chance a toddler brother or sister can knock over this baby bed
- mesh sides: sidewalls are made of mesh which makes is easy to see your baby without having to put the sidewall down (and giving toddler brother/sister the opportunity to accidentally put a finger in your baby’s nose)
- the motion is incredibly silent en smooth so you can push the sleeper away a bit or bring your baby closer to you without disturbing your sleeping baby just a bit
- ideal co sleeper for small spaces because base only needs a 32″ clearance from the wall
- you can lower the sidewall which makes tending to your baby easy. Sidewall can be locked in the upright position too and therefore this co sleeper can also be used as a stand alone baby bed
- comes with al little bag on one side in which you can put a pacifier and bottle for example.
- contains a waterproof mattress pad
Ok, let’s be honest here: the price of this baby bed attachment that attaches to bed is a tad high. But this co sleeper will give you more sleep and less stress. Isn’t that what we all just need as (new) parents?!
I wrote a bit more about this co sleeper here.
nr. 5 best sleeping crib that attaches to bed
Arm’s Reach Concepts Clear-Vue Bedside Bassinet
What’s great about this sleeping bed
- this bed attached crib fits easily to varying bed heights due to the build in leg extensions
- this clear-vue bedside sleeper makes it easy to see your baby at all times, it’s designed to make it possible to look at your baby from every corner
- just like the Arm’s reach concepts mini ezee 3 in 1 the front drops down for easy acces to the baby
- comes with wheels that can be locked in place
- enough space for a dock-a-to (deluxe+) in it (it leaves a little room around it) or a SnuggleMe
- fits a bed with a height of 24-30 inches
- mattress is waterproof. Check out these cute sheets that fit the concepts clear-vue mattress
- this crib connected to bed does not convert to a play pen
- some find the mattres a bit hard
nr. 6 best portable baby crib attached to parents bed
Arm’s Reach Concepts Ideal Ezee 3-in-1 Bedside Bassinet
also makes a great toddler bed attached to parents bed
What I love about this bassinet
- the bassinet bed attachment is sturdy and the straps are really easy to adjust
- the bassinet can be used from birth up to 5 months old but you can also use this bed as a pack ‘n play which in return can be used as a bed. So this bed gives your child some room to grow 🙂
- it folds up aesily and can be carried with you in a backpack! Which also makes it a great travel bed for your little one
- fits beds 24″ high
- it’s 39.5″ x 25.5″ x 32″ so it will fit even in most small bedrooms
- doc a tots do fit easily in this bassinet
- you can use it as a play yard once your baby is a bit older
- it has two wheels which makes it quite easy to move around from one room to the other.
What I don’t really like
- the mattress is quite thin, about 1 inch max. If you find it too thin you can buy any other matress that has the right size.
Also, check these cute sheets that are compatible.
nr. 7 best baby bed attached to parents bed – tall beds
co sleeper for tall beds or boxspring
Babybay bedside sleeper
Many cosleepers come with clamps to attach the co sleeper to the master bed but in case of a boxspring clamps won’t work. In this case you have to be sure that the cosleeper can be attached to your boxspring by using fastening straps.
In case other co sleepers aren’t high enough for your bed I think the Babybay cosleeper will be great for you.
This awesome baby co sleeper is one of the best sleeping beds. The baby co sleeper attaches to bed, is assembled in less than 15 minutes and is very popular, also in Europe. The bassinet conversion guardrail turns it into a bassinet. To use it as a co sleeper all you need is to purchase your preferred mattress and sheets.
Details about this best co sleeper for baby: for tall beds
- the included straps will reach and will safely secure even under a king size bed
- the distance between bars is 55mm, which is CPSC compliant
- can also be used as a childrens bench because the Babybay can support up to 200 lbs.
- this co sleeper adjusts to as low as 4in off the floor.
- the sleeping platform is attached by brackets to the wooden poles of the stand and can be adjusted to any height.
- contains no toxins or harmful chemicals and is made from solid natural beechwood
- comes wih roller casters to allow the co sleeper to easily travel throughout the home
- it is fully customizable in color, mattress selection, canopy, etc.
- organic mattress and textile options available
This bedside sleeper for newborns does not rock or provide any movement but it is made to be very stable besides your bed, which makes it ideal for mothers nursing new babies! Definitely one of the best co sleeper cribs.
This cosleeper comes with a barrier which you have to install to comply with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. However in Europe it is not needed. Some parents do not install during assembly; however, this is not the intended configuration by the manufacturer in order to comply with CPSC.
The unit is fully height adjustable. The maximum sleeping platform recommended by the manufacturer for safe use is 11in from the top rail. At this height the platform sits at 25in high and with any of the mattresses available (an additional 2in) you are then looking at 27in to top of mattress. With the manufacturer recommended safety barrier on (an additional 6in), the height to the top of the safety barrier is 31in from the floor. If using the roller casters this increases all metrics by 2.5in. So the platform height then sits at 27.5in, 29.5in to top of mattress and the top of the safety barrier is then 33.5in. Many parents with tall beds want their bed to come to the top of the safety barrier at minimum. Many parents also prefer that the top of their bed meet the platform height or somewhere between the safety barrier.
This co sleeper cot is everything you wish for in a baby co sleeper bed.
Especially when looking for a baby bed connected to bed. BONUS TIP: you can also buy it through amazon.de to save money. Shipping costs are higher but it will still be cheaper over all.
So these are the best baby beds that attach to parents bed! Hope you’ve find this a useful article 🙂
If you want more information about room sharing and baby safe sleeping than visit this website (La Leche League)
Disclaimer: relaxedbabies.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Advantages of a co sleeper
For a number of years experts claim that it is very good and healthy for a baby to stay with his parents in the master bedroom during the night for about six months. Besides feeling safe a very important part of co sleeping has to do with improving the bond between baby and parents. The baby feels loved and safe when he is near you and hears your breathing and your voice. Also, when your baby sleeps in the same room as you do he doesn’t have to cry loudly: you will be there to meet his needs from the moment you hear his little noises. He then learns that there will always be someone available for him to love and protect him.
That being said: make sure you sleep well and if having the baby right next to your bed makes you nervous or wakes you up too many times than make your own decision. Every mother does her very best to care for her child. Having a co sleeper might be one of those things you do for your baby and for yourself, but off course your baby will also know you love him and will always be there for him if you won’t let him sleep in your bedroom for six months 😉
Safe co sleeping
When bed sharing becomes room sharing.
With a co sleeper co sleeping is very safe. You have the advantages of bed sharing and keeping your baby close to you -which is good for the connection/bonding between parents and baby and also gives you more rest because you know and see how your baby is doing. At the same time using a co sleeper gives your baby his own bed so it does prevent you from a bed sleeper and having to worry about your baby sliding underneath your blanket or quilt while he wants to roll over or other things that could happen when your little baby is in your bed. Using a co sleeper for your baby really does give you the best of both worlds. You can read this article for more tips and info.
What to look for in a co sleeper
With co sleepers getting more and more popular there are many different options for you to choose from when buying a co sleeper. To start with here are a few things to keep in mind if you’re looking for the best co sleeper fit for you and your little one.
- Make sure the co sleeper bassinet fits beside your bed and isn’t too big. Sounds obvious but with so many co sleepers out there with different sizes you’d better be sure it fits.
- Also be aware that not all bedtypes are a good match with co sleepers. Some co sleepers have to be attached to the bed and can’t be used as a stand alone crib. Please make sure the assembly of the co sleeper fits your bedtype.
To make sure you buy the right co sleeper bassinet we’ve put together some things to take into notice if you’re looking for a co-sleeper
To what extend can the co sleeper reach?
You can adjust the height of almost every co sleeper but every co sleeper can reach to a different extend. If you have an extraordinary low or high bed, make sure you read the product specifications very carefully.
Baby bed attachment to parents bed: How does the co-sleeper needs to be assembled/attached to the bed?
Besides from using the cosleeper as a stand alone bassinet you can adjust the cosleeper to the master bed in most cases.
Double bed with baby bed attached?
Many cosleepers come with clamps to attach the co sleeper to the master bed but in case of a boxspring clamps won’t work. In this case you have to be sure that the cosleeper can be attached to your boxspring by using fastening straps. A lot of cosleepers come with fastening strips, so just be sure to check that in advance.
Which extra features do you find important in a bassinet attached to bed?
The best co sleeper cribs all come with specific features. If you’re feeling lost between all the different options and possibilities the cosleepers provide then it’s very important to start at the very beginning: what do you really want? What is or are the main reasons to buy a cosleeper for you? What is your situation? Do you for example have other kids or maybe a wild dog? In that case it is important that the cosleeper is sturdy and heavy so it won’t be knocked over.
Here are some things to think about before desiding which one fits best in your situation:
- Do you want to use it as a stand alone cot or do you want to attach it to the bed? And what baby crib bed attachment do you prefer? You find the best baby beds attached to parents bed above.
- Do you need wheels so you can easily place the co sleeper around the house?
- Do you travel often and/or do you want to use the co-sleeper at -for example-grandparent’s place? In this case you would probably like to have a cosleeper that can be folded easily that weights not too much.
- Do you want the possibilty to rock your baby in the cosleeper?
- Do you want the possibility to incline the bed in case your baby has reflux?
Additional expences and asseccories
Most cosleepers come with a mattress. Sometimes there is a carrying case included too. In other cases you can buy these things and other extra’s along with your co sleeper. So make sure what is included in the cosleeper price you see. It may look like a cheap co sleeper but if you have to buy a special matress and sheets it might become a little more expensive. This is not always the case so read the options and included extra’s carefully.