The 5 best co sleepers, 2022 guide
Choosing the best baby co sleeper
After 9 months in your belly your baby is finally ready to meet you! But after being cooked in your belly for such a long time your baby can feel overwhelmed by all this new space, sounds and light. Your baby will feel so much more secure if he is able to be as close to you as possible. And for you as a mom there are no other things that feel so good as rubbing those tiny hands, sniffing this special newborn smell and looking at your baby right next to you knowing that he is all right during the whole night.
Are you looking for a co sleeper that can be attached to the parents bed? Read about the 7 best co sleepers that attach to the bed.
This post may contain compensated links. For more information read our disclaimer here.
Safe co sleeping
It feels as cosy as bed sharing but is just so much more safe for your little one. If you are looking for the best baby co sleeper bassinet which helps developing this special bond between you and your baby than you’re at the right spot. Here you’ll find everything you need to know before choosing the right co sleeper bassinet that fits you and your baby perfectly. I also give you a lot of information about safe co sleeping, what is the best co sleeper that attaches to bed, what things do you need to know before choosing the best cosleeper bassinet for you and your baby and what are the most important differences between baby bedside sleepers.
I also mention everything I like and what I don’t like about the co sleepers. So if you are not sure which one to choose or what to look for in the baby co sleepers than read this guide carefully. Also I will be more than happy to help you so if you still have any questions after reading my ultimate guide to choosing the best co sleeper please don’t hestitate to send me a message!
Number 1 best co sleeper 2022
Best co sleeper for newborns
Halo bassinet swivel sleeper
- rotates 360 degrees and you can pull the basket over the bed, which is just perfect especially those days after giving birth and also if your’re a nursing mom.
- extremely heavy and sturdy so there’s no chance a toddler brother or sister can knock over this baby bed
- mesh sides: sidewalls are made of mesh which makes is easy to see your baby without having to put the sidewall down (and giving toddler brother/sister the opportunity to accidentally put a finger in your baby’s nose)
- the motion is incredibly silent en smooth so you can push the sleeper away a bit or bring your baby closer to you without disturbing your sleeping baby just a bit
- due to its height and motion possibilities this co sleeper would work with just about any bed without trouble. Also the 4-point base is super easy to tuck under your bed and the sleeper fits to beds from 24″ to 34″ tall
- ideal co sleeper for small spaces because base only needs a 32″ clearance from the wall. Check out this article I wrote about the best bassinets for small spaces if you are looking for small bassinets.
- you can lower the sidewall which makes tending to your baby easy. Sidewall can be locked in the upright position too and therefore this co sleeper can also be used as a stand alone baby bed
- comes with al little bag on one side in which you can put a pacifier and bottle for example.
- contains a waterproof mattress pad
- mattress pad contains no toxic flame retardants and is JPMA certified
Ok, let’s be honest here: the price is a tad high. But this co sleeper will give you more sleep and less stress. Isn’t that what we all just need as (new) parents?!
With this very easy to assemble co sleeper there’s really no need to get out of your bed at night if you need to comfort your baby. The possibility of swiveling this best bedside co sleeper 360 degrees is perfect for every mom but especially for nursing moms who’s baby has fallen asleep while nursing. No need to hussle and trying to get your baby on your other arm whilst trying to not wake him up. Also perfect for moms with a C-section because you can easily put your baby close to you without effort or having to go out of the bed, according to Amazon reviewers. The polyester sheets can easily be cleaned by wiping with a damp cloth.
Want to see more? Click here to see all specifications and prices of the Halo Bassinet Swivel Sleeper.
The best co sleeper bassinet that fits almost every bed
Arm’s reach versatile co sleeper
Click here for price and specifications
- this sleeping nest is very stable and sturdy
- highly adjustable: you can raise this co sleeper bassinet with one inch increments. The feet are adjustable too and can fit right under your bed and they are also retractable which makes it easy for this co sleeper to fit a bed that sits on the floor too
- comes with a mattress, fitted sheets, a mobile and a music box which amongst five tunes plays some soothing sounds. One of those even sounds like a mother’s womb. How comforting for your little baby is that?!
- it has two wheels on the bottom which makes it possible to move the sleeping nest easily
- bassinet is quiet big which gives your little one room to grow
- this bassinet doesn’t have special features like a vibrate feature or a rocking feature
- the placement of the mobile is not ideal. You can easily take it off, but that’s probably not what you want if you buy this co sleeper also because of the mobile
- although the co sleeper comes with wheels on the bottom, there are only two wheels which can make it hard to move the co sleeper on carpet
- the side isn’t flexible like the Halo bassinet
This highly adjustable and very sturdy baby co sleeper is one of the best cosleepers out there and has a big bassinet which makes it possible to use it longer than most other bassinets. The height can be adjusted from 20″ to 30″ and the adjustable and retractable feet under the co sleeper make this co sleeper crib easy to use in every room and easy to attach to almost every bed.
Want to read more about this baby crib? Click here to see prices and specifications of the Armsreach cosleeper.
best cosleeper – boxspring
Babybay bedside sleeper
Click here for price and specifications
- the included straps will reach and will safely secure even under a king size bed
- the distance between bars is 55mm, which is CPSC compliant
- can also be used as a childrens bench because the Babybay can support up to 200 lbs.
- this co sleeper adjusts to as low as 4in off the floor.
- the sleeping platform is attached by brackets to the wooden poles of the stand and can be adjusted to any height.
- contains no toxins or harmful chemicals and is made from solid natural beechwood
- comes wih roller casters to allow the co sleeper to easily travel throughout the home
- it is fully customizable in color, mattress selection, canopy, etc
- does not rock or provide any movement to sooth your baby
This very decent and sturdy co sleeper bassinet made in Germany is very popular, also in Europe. If you would like to read more about it, click here to read our article about this co sleeper that attaches to the bed very easily. Check my more detailed article about this co sleeper that attaches to the bed here.
Click here to see prices and specifications of the Babybay bedside co sleeper.
Best ‘in bed cosleeper’ for bed sharing with baby – nest co sleeper
JoJo Infant and Toddler Lounger – cosleeping Baby Bed
Click here for price and specifications
- this is an ideal co sleeper for safe bed sharing with baby
- not only for babies but also great for toddlers
- it’s small but sturdy so no need to be afraid of flipping over your baby while sleeping
This best bed that fits in parents bed is not only perfect as an in bed bassinet but also great for moving with you from room to room as it is a light co sleeper! The shape of it will also make your little baby feel safe and relaxed as it gives little room to move arms and legs just like in te belly.
Also read our 2022 4 best in bed co sleepers article here.
best co sleeper – attach to bed
Baby Delight beside me dreamer bassinet & bedside sleeper
Click here for price and specifications
- perfect for reflux babies
- comes with attached straps to easily adjust to your bed for safe sleep
- for congestion and digestion relief this co sleeper crib gives you incline options which make it possible to put the bassinet in a gentle angle. Perfect for reflux babies!
- you can use this co sleeper crib as a stand alone crib but in bedside sleeper mode you can open the side panel by unzipping it for easy access to your baby
- the sides are made of breathable mesh which make it easy to see your baby even while in bassinet mode
- this bassinet is leightweight which makes is possible to move for example from bedroom to living room
- it’s extremely easy to set up
- the bassinet is very big which gives room for growth and fits even tall babies
- the pocket on the back of the bed is rather tiny. If you’re looking for more storage then this one won’t be your best co sleeper option
- won’t fit a very high adult bed like some boxsprings so be sure to check the height of your bed and the required height of the co sleeper
The cover of this baby delight snuggle nest crib is removable and machine washable, and the included sheet is waterproof. It has a nice storage pocket to keep a pacifier or other stuff that might come in handy during the night. You can easily adjust the height in six positions which makes this bed adjustable for just about any adult bed. If you’re looking for a co sleeper that is just very good and sturdy and that won’t break the bank than don’t look any further.
Want to read more about this cot? Click here to see more specifications, reviews and price of the Beside me dreamer bassinet & bedside sleeper.
Best portable baby crib (backpack)
Guava Family Lotus travel crib
for travelers when you want to be sure your crib can be carried with you as a carry on
for light sleeping babies your baby is less likely to wake up when you lay him down due to the zipper opening which makes you able to lay your baby down gently. This is also perfect if your baby nurses to sleep.
- has a zipper opening which is perfect for babies who easily wake up when you want to lay them in bed or for baby who nurse to sleep/
- folds up into a backpack
- mattress is not very thick and it’s a bit firm. Depending on what you are looking for in a crib this can be a pro as well as a con
- is great for use as a play space because there is enough space for your child
This awesome portable travel cosleeper is a one of a kind. It folds up really small so it’s perfect to carry with you while traveling. Also it is great as a pack ‘n play or play yard. The zipper completes it all and makes it easy to lay your baby in the bassinet without waking it up.
Click here for specifications and Guava family Lotus parents reviews.
If you are looking for more travel cribs and portable cribs then take a look at my best travel and portable cribs guide.
Everything you need to know about co sleeping
Co sleeper, crib, cot, bed side sleepers or stand alone crib?
These terms are often used interchangeably but they do have different meanings. Which kind of crib or sleeper you choose depends on your situation and wishes. A co sleeper can be the right choice for you if you have a bed to which you can attach a co sleeper and if you have room for it.
Do you always wake up from every little noise you hear and are you a very light sleeper? Then you might reconsider buying a co sleeper. Because babies sleep in very different patterns then their parents 😉 But there a also co sleepers that can be used as a stand alone crib. In that case you can put the crib a little bit more further from your bed -but still keep your baby near to you in your bedroom, for example at the end of the bed.
When it comes to a good night’s sleep: watch this clip to you see what the advantages are of a cosleeper and being close to your baby 🙂
Disclaimer: relaxedbabies.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.